Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Treasure from the mail man!

Treasures and delights have rained down upon my head! I love getting arty mail.

I'm really excited to have the first few pages for the Angelic chunky books swap on [chunkybookartists]. It's the first art-book swap I've gone in for a few years, and I'm really looking forward to it.
From left to right: Teresa Crouch, Ann Spiteri, and Carol Sweeney


Some [Stamphappy] 1-4-1 ATC swaps:
From Gwenyth Zwaan, and in a beautiful envelope with a lovely quote by Goethe.


From Sharon Batchelor, in a beautifully made folder with some German scrap tucked into one pocket.


From the left, cards from Narelle Cox, and two from Kaeren Sutherland


Again from the left: Rikki Showell, Pam Addicott and Julie Price


Here's what I've been up to, in between frantically finishing my Quilty Conscience postcards:
This one was a challenge to myself to make an ATC using only rubber stamps.


Guess what I bought? A white gel pen! Hooray! Let's put it on everything!


I also bought a big wooden box to put my pastels and pencils and watercolour tubes in, so they're all a lot easier to get to now. Hence, there's a lot of pastel shading on these cards. Pastel shading, and more gel pen. (Actually, I had to hide the white gel pen from myself. Seriously, little white dots are even more addictive than Shiva stiks.


These three are studies for what I'm going to be doing on my own chunky book page:


Now! Back to sewing! Sewing, sewing, sewing, because the postcards were due 16 days ago. *hangs head in shame*

2 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

No shame Danielle - happy to wait!! And what a wonderful post - so much beauty and creativeness to absorb! And you totally cracked me up about the white gel pen and addictive dots (your comment made me realize just how much I do white dots!!)

:))

Anonymous said...

What wonderful 'post' - lucky you! x