Monday, July 28, 2008

Skinny Book Swap

Here are my pages for the skinny book swap - it's been a while since I had to make a large number of anything, and I completely miscalculated the amount of time I needed to get through. But I survived, and I really enjoyed making the pages - I played a lot with my pastels to get the shading on the earthbound angel's halo, and for the edging. It's the first time I've used my own handwriting in my art, too - that was fun and a little bit daring. And Stephanie was invaluable help with trimming edges and cutting things to size. She's a mathematical whiz. *hugs* Thanks, Steph!



The back was just pure collage fun - I got to use some gold paper edging, and a lot of gold paint. Bliss!



I'm really looking forward to the rest of the pages coming in to me - then I can decide how I'm going to bind it, and make some covers.

Debbi and other Quilty Conscience people - I am so, so sorry for holding you up another week - the postcards are all but done, they just need edging. A thousand apologies for being such a slacker.

5 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

Hey Danielle!! Love the skinny book pages. And I really had the feeling that I needed to come look at your blog and lo and behold - there was a message for me!! I love it when that happens. Stay cool - the other postcards are safe and enjoying the suspense! PS You really crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Your skinny book page is stunning Danielle - I love looking back through your blog - so much inspiration! Thanks, Alison xx

CreativSpirit said...

Hi Danielle,

I am so happy to say that I am an owner of one of your lovely Angel pages. Thanks so much, it is beautiful and a great addition to my Angel Skinny Book.

Hugs,

Rob Keogh

Julie H said...

Very nice, how many did you ahve to make?

Diane said...

These are great! You work is very nice!