Saturday, March 15, 2008

Think Monday: Think ATC and Inching Artists

I managed two challenges this week; I'm quite pleased with myself.

This week's theme at TMTA is Fashion. I went for a playing card type of concept, with a glamorous girl whose waistline fascinates and frightens me. I'm not really one to suffer for beauty, unless the suffering involves glue and scissors.



And for Inching Artists, there's a numerical theme.



I really love these inchies! I love them because I used something from UNDER THE MAT. Under the mat is the place where I shove scraps that are just too good to throw away - but I never use these goodies fast enough, and my mat develops hillocks where the stuff has piled up. That's why it's always cause for celebration when I drag something out and use it. This time, it was the cover page from a sheet of Stampers Anonymous unmounted stamps. I cut the numbers out, lacquered them with Dimensional Magic and stuck them down onto a sheet of scrap paper that I slathered with gold paint.

I really need to seek out some swaps for Inchies - I would like to make more. Any suggestions for Inching communities.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow wonderful pieces of art. Gorgeous design.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colours on your ATC. What a dress! And the inchies are really great.

Lyneen said...

Yikes that is a tinie tiny waist... I don't think I was that small when I was born... GREAT ATC!!!

Myriame said...

Your ATC is really beautiful and elegant.

Linda B said...

wowo, love the inchies! they look so metalic.

would you like inching artists to become a trading group? let me know :)

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful!!

Timaree said...

One isn't enough? You made a nice series of inchies. And your ATC is nice too.

Fiona said...

Lovely inchies - I do inchie swaps on a forum - we could do one between ourselves - they're great fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love your inchies! What a great design!

France said...

hehehe, love the "under the mat" story!!!